Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: I used a 'Stanley knife'.

Ok Stanley did the trick. I had bought 2 p24 extensions one was in cmp^2 with caps stuffed here and there and ferrites galore. As reported it sounded good. So in the process of operating on the other p24 cable to have access to the metal .. for soldering I shut the system off and pulled a few of the caps off the p24 in the sys (to solder them on the other p24). When I turned the system back on it sounded dull and grainy and closed down. I missed the caps...even though it was only temporary. Anyway once I fitted the spare p24 with soldered caps and ferrites and put it back in the system I was not prepared for the sq pop. Wow very, very nice! I finally see what you were saying Mark. Sound space bigger, deeper highs quick but integrated with the mids (hard to accomplish imo). And the bass was so much richer,deeper and tuneful. Its one of those things where everything sounds great. I played all my favorites and they never sounded better.A smashing success...thanks again Mark!!!

Edits: 08/14/11

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.