Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Looking for SSD Brand/Model Recommendations

Hi Greg
I've build my two cMP2 with a SSD right from the start, 18 months ago,for OS only.
My two SSD are an OCZ agility 2 (64G) and a Corsair Nova (64G).
My Linear PSU causes a lot of heat inside the case so (I'm not so purist and I've noted no difference in SQ) I've applied three fans in the case
(Noctua at low r.p.m.) feeded by my "Service PSU", the same that feeds SSD,HDD (external and connected by USB or E-Sata!)and USB.
One fan blows on mobo regulators and CPU , one blows on the linears PSU inside an old ATX PSU Case and last blows on the two services PSU (5 and 12V).
If the SSD doesn't give any problemat all, the external HDD it seems to me just a bit slower (but it's slow itself) and sometime it can't charge the cue file on. So I must open Task Manager ( in the cMP2 shell), suspend cplay and all to get back.
I'm thinking about the goodness of a linearPSU for HDD, but in this way I can try to filter the HDD electric rumors (it's a dirty device) furthermore no adding the dirty power of a switching PSU too.
I'm shure that an internal linear PSU without fans is dangerous for electronic component life and not only shorts it but it could cause problems like yours.
Try fans,obviously feeded separately by mobo!
regards
Daniele
Here my linears PSU
http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/pcaudio/messages/9/90560.html

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Looking for SSD Brand/Model Recommendations - audiodan@tiscali.it 23:20:06 08/13/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.