Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: did you made any progress with the use of ferrites on the P24?

"More micro details, background is ‘blacker than black’, broad and deep soundstage, highs are very detailed but at the same time smooth and ‘creamy’"

Well said, hfavandepas, I couldn't agree more. I didn't responded sooner because: I didn't have the opportunity to listen to my system carefully until now; and I am still using a netbook as my primary source (having such a good time with it that there is no hurry on my part to upgrade to the 'real thing') and thought that my system is not typical enough.

Anyway, I now have 4 ferrite chokes in my system, 2 on the power cable from the linear power supply to the netbook, and 2 on the power line feeding the switching PS of the hard drive which is connecting to the netbook through USB. Apart from the improvements as stated by you, I also notice that recording that I found sounding thin (Bonnie Raitt's 'Give It Up') previously now really blossom into full body sonic. All recordings now have very good to fantastic sound stage, not just the well-recorded ones.

Good listening.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: did you made any progress with the use of ferrites on the P24? - kclo 02:14:22 06/10/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.