Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

They are lazy

as was said before, they want to be able to plug it in and it works. It does not seem to matter that it works well or that it is set up to perform at its best ...

Most "audiophile" systems sound terrible, no matter how much money has been spent. If not terrible (I know that in many cases this is an exaggeration) then you have the phenomenon of expensive components sounding about as good as those big boxes you can get at the stores. (some of which sound very good considering what they are).

This hobby started out as a DIY activity since there were few options for those wanting to get something better in the marketplaced. Sure, the super expensive stuff can sound good it is just that most of time it doesn't due to the owner's inability or laziness, and not knowing what good sound "is".

So, why be surprised?

We are a lucky little fraternity that cics has shared the knowledge he has gained through his avocation.

Just like a low budget movie that is superior to the multi-billion embarrassments; we are lucky that we do not have money to throw at our systems and have to work at it to get what we want and in so doing we often end up enjoying superior sound to those who simply spend money versus working at getting good sound from every aspect of their system.

In my case, I could not afford any of the highly regarded transports when cics fist published THE ART OF COMPUTER TRANSPORTS and that is what made me want to try it We have certainly come a long way since then and I am very glad I followed cics in his endeavor. My system has become so intertwined I could not insert something else to use as a transport for comparison but from what I have heard I think it is obvious that one can get as good a result from following cics's recipe as any of the absurd transports.

Those of us interested in DIY enjoy learning. I have learned more about computers than I ever would have otherwise and this information has come in handy for other purposes.

Like most things if the person is not interested without prompting nothing any of us will do will get them to try it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • They are lazy - rickmcinnis@dogwoodfabrics.com 13:47:59 05/03/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.