Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

I tried this..Ithink its MAJOR..:)

I have been trying to compose the best manner of describing what I am hearing.

I am listening to an iMusici 24/96 download from Linn.com but also tried this with Duke Ellington's Blues in Orbit and Zinman w/ The Tonhalle's Beethoven's 3rd with the cplay resamplers to 96khz.

The thing I am trying to describe is a sense of better defined and sustained features in the sonic shape the sense that the sound vibrations have much greater definition,separation and sustained longevity where their full expression can be discerned.

The music appears far more real with a truer sense of form and cohesion.

I have preserved a few items not used in the full cMp2 set up but had the BIOS settings for CPU and Memory down just kept the USB enabled as I'm using a monitor on that machine but its a virtually brand new Gigabyte H55 usb3 mb with Corsair XMS 1333 RAM (2GB becasue I forgot to yank one stick), Intel i3 540 and a Seasonic X650 PS. XP Pro SP3 ..

cmp enabled; startup=none,AWE and all other OS minimizations set with one usb root hub and controller disabled for the pcilock switch. Used "/UsePMTimer

Its playing into the Resolution Audio Opus 21 DAC over SPDIF over a Canare terminated Belden Digital cable.

I think its a definite Score! Thanks a million.

Edits: 04/22/11 04/22/11 04/22/11 04/22/11 04/22/11

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.