Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: RME cards - workaround or not?

OK, the question semms to be rather uninteresting for most inmates. No Problem.

But for those who plan to use a modern RME soundcard I can say meanwhile: its a total nobrainer!

I couldn't resist trying out the one that was lying around at my home (which I didn't use so far because I had plans for some other solution). And after all the struggling with the inferior Cantatis and the unavoidable ASIO4ALL driver I found out that installation of the RME 9632 was a breeze. It was shocking how fast I got the first tone out of it.

cPlay configures automatically with this card. It appears to be totally stable. It has quite a few adjustment options, but they are nicely presented, so digging inside the drivers guts is unnecessary.

And the RME workaround mentioned by cics is unnecessary, too - at least in my system (which is built exactly as per cics' present recommendations).

I don't know yet if I'll keep the card. But for anyone who is interested in it and doesn't know how reliable it might be I would answer by now that he/she could safely and comfortably grab it and listen. I'm a beginner, too, but this was really easy going.

Cheers

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: RME cards - workaround or not? - Eunegis 08:39:46 04/12/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.