Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: cMP - impossible with Cantatis - other solution...

Thanks Dawnrazor!

You were a great help in that EXcluding ways and possibilities is just as important as INcluding them!

By the way: I've had a state somewhen during the struggle with no soundcard mentioned in the windows settings. I rolled that back to what it is now because I thought that must have been wrong. But ASIO4ALL did't work in that state without a soundcarddriver present either.

Meanwhile Daniele from Italy reported similar problems with the Overture. He dropped it and modded a Xonar quite heavily instead and seems to be happy. Leif from Berlin tought me that kernel streaming is not bit perfect and that the upsampling done by cPlay is much more sophisticated than Sox and alike in foobar/JRiver, and I think Daniele mentioned that ASIO4ALL isn't bit perfect either. So the Overture is ready to be kicked out... Thanks a lot again for your help.

So far nobody really seems to be willing to tell me that there is a good analog out soundcard for PCI out there. Hmmm... Seems to be true then, or what?! But: that forces me, if I want or not, to consider an external DAC more severely. What are nowadays recommendations on DACs ready to be used in a living room (i.e. no studio design, rack mount, or so)? I was thinking about a Beresford TC-7520SE (~€300/$400). I'd be willing to spend ~€500/$650. Or even better: a complete external USB-soundcard including a DAC (one box) to have power supply for both components completely external...

These shall be my final questions in this thread to lead it to a useful end (since throwing the Overture out alone is not really satisfying).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.