Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: cMP - can get it to work with JRiver meanwhile

Hi E,

I'm waiting for Dawnrazor's comment on my settings of the cMP-system to find out if I've missed something

Well I found the german hard to get past :).

Though I thought it was weird that windows showed a soundcard present at all. I suppose it is because the windows audio service is running. On the lynx you can stop the windows audio service and use the native asio driver. One of the things I took from the cmp2 project is that the sofware side of things is just as important as the hardware and well you might be better off soundwise with a card that doesnt need the windows audio service even if that cards hardware might not be as good as the card you have now.

Is there a pict of the canturis setup screen???

Otherwise, nothing jumped out at me. Looks like that card is just a non starter with cmp2. Though if you can get it to work with Jriver it should work with asio4all which is just doing kernal streaming. Maybe jriver is the compromise you need.

If you are set on getting an external dac, I would say go with the Juli@. We know it works with cmp2 and is affordable and will make a great card for your external dac. FWIW I do recall an inmate who used the juli@s analog outs and was happy.

Sorry I cant be of more help. Now about that Lynx :)

Cut to razor sounding violins

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.