Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: cMP - can get it to work with JRiver meanwhile

Hi Daniele,

thanks for your help!

ASIO4ALL not bit-perfect? I've never read about that... (even cics is recommending ASIO4ALL if there are no native ASIOs)

How would the Overture compare to the Xonar concerning the hardware?
Cantatis claims to have such a good hardware - can you confirm that, esp. in relation to the Xonar? You're a brave modder, as far as I can depict from the links you provided, so I guess you can provide some insights about the hardware of both cards...

I couldn't find a suitable translation program for the italian links you provided, and Google translatior is ridiculous. So I can only roughly estimate the content of the posts. What do you regard as a mid-range CDP (comparison to the Essence ST)?

I'm using JRiver with its inbuilt kernel streaming and complete memory loading at the moment, and I start it through cMP, just as I would with cPlay. Its the only kmixer-bypassing option that works with the Overure. But I guess it should be Bit-perfect, too - or what?! At least JRiver is well appreciated for its sound quality, so I suppose in that setup (kernel streaming, memory play, via cMP) it could be a worthwhile replacement for cPlay.

I'm waiting for Dawnrazor's comment on my settings of the cMP-system to find out if I've missed something. If he (or some other friendly guy having insights) can't find anything weird I'll go with the JRiver option at first and see if I'll switch to another soundcard (probably +DAC - I'm thinking of a Beresford TC-7520SE, but I don't know which soundcard with it) later on.

I'm having the RME 9632 lying around at home un-unpacked. I find it difficult to decide if it justifies the money. Without an external DAC its probably only midrange at best, but with a DAC its probably overkill since then most likely the DAC would make the sound (maybe something like a cheap EMU 0404 or so would be a wiser choice together with a DAC, but on the other hand: the RME 9632 has a zero-CPU-load design and is supposed to be on low pro level already. A fine Lynx is expensive, so getting a better DAC instead would probably be the better choice, right? No??)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.