Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: cMP - can't get it to work PROPERLY

Hi Dawnrazor, thanks for efforts and your experimental M-Audio installation! The linked switching is interesting - I'm far from that comfort.

After all my testing without the slightest countable results I'm mentally already on my way towards another soundcard (and throw the Overture in some "Bay"...). I only like the idea of this "poor man's approach" that the cMP² project seems to be from a superficial point of view, and I enjoy to build my eqipment myself (did it with the speakers, too - tremendous result sonically!), so I'm trying to avoid costly equipmet. But those who save too much at first pay double in the end...

By a German musicians equipment store (professional guys) a RME 9632 has been recommended to me. Reviews on the net describe it as really, really good sounding, even outperforming DACs below $1k. And it has truly pro driver support. It costs ~$500 in GER (the l22 is ~$1k). But we'll see, maybe I'll even switch to Lynx...

But nevertheless, I'll keep on working on the Overture/ASIO4ALL combo for a little more time and try to send you some screenshots (in case the stripped down XP still makes it).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.