Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: cMP - slowly changing states - but still no success

Hi smicyta, thank you for your attention

But unfortunately that is not the problem. EVERYTHING has been disabled all the time just as per cics' recommendations. And messages I get don't match yours.

Current status is this:
cPlay and foobar2000 both play at 44,1kHz through ASIO4ALL. Anything above yields no sound through both players while I can see both players working (i.e. counting the song's time or graphically doodling the equalizer).
If I open cPlay's preferences dialog I can see that left and right channel say "not connected" at >44,1kHz while correctly connected at 44,1kHz. Same is valid for foobar2000.
At >44,1kHz the ASIO4ALL preferences dialog says "device status unexplainable" no matter if launched through cPlay or foobar2000, while at 44,1kHz ASIO4ALL gives no hint of malfunction (=properly connected).

My conclusion ist that somewhere in the XP-system things are set in a way that only a 44,1kHz signal is allowed to pass through to the soundcard while >44,1kHz is blocked. Where can I find that switch?
Is it on the way from the soundfile/player to ASIO4ALL (bypassing kmixer), on the way from ASIO4ALL to the WDM-driver or from WDM to the soundcard (expressed in an amateurs words). I don't know exactly which way the audio stream goes, especially since ASIO4ALL is a socalled "wrapper" (and I don't really know about that), but my description might probably have at least some relation to reality.

Does anybody know anything about a possible switch in XP (i.e. a driver or a service, or so) to look at to cure the blocking of signals >44,1kHz?
Or should it be the soundcard's WDM-driver? I must admit that this would sound very unlikely to me since Cantatis on their website explicitly claim the Overure 192 to be fully ASIO- (and ASIOv2-) capable (even though they don't provide native drivers).

Edits: 04/05/11 04/05/11

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.