Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Juli@ lost driver

whew!!! what a merry go around, hope I get this right. Short verision Is I'm back up and runnnig.

Where I stopped I was not able to get past windows activation after changing minlogon to winlogon, except when using safe mode.

In safe mode device manager did not show Juli@. Installed drivers version 1.05 from jump drive manually from control panel-add hardware. Reboot into safe mode still no Juli@ in device manager and only partial file of drivers were in system32.

Decided to put winlogon back to minlogon, reboot. Windows loaded them got blue screen of death, oh oh. Searched error on net and determined hardware or drivers not being installed correctly may be the problem. Booted into safe mode and removed all Juli@ files from system32. Reboot, this got me back to where I had started. In xp with minlogon working and no Juli@ drivers.

Checked device manager, no Juli@(!). Decided to put new drivers on jump drive from Juli@ website.

http://download.esi-audio.com/?w=esi&p=6&g=1&l=en

Here's a kicker, I was using Juli@ version 1.05 with no problems. Website now says this driver is for windows vista, hmmm. It's been well over a year when installed that driver so don't recall how I originally used them.

Replaced version 1.05 on jump drive and downloaded latest Xp version 1.23 to jump drive. Tried to install 1.05 from control panel-add hadware and it would not recognize them. Tried 1.23 reboot and they installed correctly when checked system32. Device manager still does not show Juli@.

note: There are two files shown when trying to install drivers manually from control panel-add hardware, Juli@ control must be installed first.

I am now thinking Juli@ card or pci slot is bad. Deleted Juli@ files from system32 then moved card to other pci slot 2. Reinstalled 1.23, installed fine but still no Juli@ in device manager.

Now am convinced Juli@ card is bad. Put it back in slot 1 of pci then tried one last time installing version 1.23. Reboot, loaded fine but still no Juli@ in device manager. About to quit and look at buying another Juli@, removed drivers from system32 so it would be clean and ready for a new card.

Checked one last time device manager, whatta you know Juli@(!) is there. Installed drivers from device manager, Juli@ control panel popped up, opened cmp and started playing music. Played a couple of albums and realize why all of that trouble was worth it.

Slept on it, then rememberd services that were enabled at the start of this will have be be returned to disable. Then will double check all other setting so I am still not out of the woods yet. Will keep fingers crossed till I pull the SD card I use for the OS and fiqure out snapshot.exe, lessoned learned.

Problem is I don't know why The Juli@ drivers disappeared or how the card finally decided to be recognized. Thinking maybe a bad connection over time devolped on card to pci slot caused this.

Brad

Edits: 03/17/11

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Juli@ lost driver - ecir38 08:18:28 03/17/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.