Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Thanks for the help I got it sorted out

hey dawnrazor,

GREAT that it is working ! (finally)

You´re right in my trouble free operation of allocator with 256 buffer/192kHz/900MHz settings...with the old E7400 45nm hardware, but it really seems that the new 32nm technology is much more sensitive to finding the right balance between things.
I have the feeling we all need more time and trials got get it to optimum performance.
the BIOS settings taken straight 1:1 do indeed work on the "standard" setup, but with the lynx Two-B card you´re not standard anymore !
I should guess there are voltage parameters that need to be modified slightly, but only trial & error can tell.

since I´ve gone FireWire my buffer sizes need to be higher than before....which I find odd.
therefore I assume there are issues with the 32nm technology that need time to be understood fully....

I have temporarily increased the CPU clocking to 1.2GHz in order to get crackling/pops/RAM loading errors out of the system.....

before my FIR filters are fully adjusted and trimmed, it will take a little while before I start dropping the BIOS settings....

hope this may comfort a little....:-)

Hysolid // Mytek Brooklyn // Spectron Musician III // Analysis Audio Omega

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.