Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Cmp2 lynx users (allocator too) with new 32mm HELP!

Thanks a bunch for the report.

This whole thing is just getting stranger and stranger. I did the 4th rebuild I think and had tons of issues until I did a slipstream disk with sp2. It was some bios setting as I DIDNT have the bios settings this time and sp1 was a no go. Before I had done the settings per cics and sp1 was ok.

So I get past that and am able to load the mobo drivers with no issues. Weird thing is that the PCI Simple Communications Controller that I had on other builds was now gone (cics said he didnt remember it) so I assume that the mobo chipset drivers are now correct.

All happy except the latency is super high and in the 60s. Then I try to install the latest Lynx driver and the installer says it is successful but nope windows gives me error 39 in the device manager.

Uninstall and install a couple of times and have the same issue. What is strange is that the Lynx has always been pretty good at installing and working.

I thought I had tracked the main issue down. In the mobo manual it says that if you are installing only ONE stick of memory to put it in slot 1 or 3. But the slots are reversed and slot one is really the 2nd slot from the processor. I thought that might be the issue but since I cant get the lynx driver to install I cant tell. Also I seem to not be alone with not being able to get 192 to work without pops and clicks.

The lynx driver was version K, so I can try an older one and see if that works. I think changes past c were only for the aes 16 or aurora anyhow so maybe it is not a big deal.

Thanks again for the help.

Sorry I cant help you with the usb thumbdrive. I forgot mine was connected and when I was installing xp I saw the space that magically appeared and formatted it losing all the data on it. LOL.

Cut to razor sounding violins

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.