Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Cmp2 lynx users (allocator too) with new 32mm HELP!

hey dawnrazor,

all though not a complete answer to your trouble, I´ve experienced the same strange "found new hardware" thing. at every boot the bloody thing won´t shut up !
I also experienced that the windows installer had to be manually started from "services" and did not stay in "started" mode.....

I did a new "windows installer" and the trouble went away.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=889482fc-5f56-4a38-b838-de776fd4138c&displaylang=en

I think it can very well be that some of the recommended voltage and clock settings on the 32nM technology has a slight problem with a power hungry PCI device like the TWO-B.
-do remember that the sound improvement by lowering these settings decreases in expotential fashion, i.e. the first few steps downwards do have the lions share of the improvement. the further steps down in voltage and clock you´re in for diminishing returns.
it´s more important that the system is stable at slightly higher settings than forcing it down to the 900MHz it can do with the JULI@ card.
one little hint : when I did the BIOS straight to the recommendations, I forgot one section and harvested a bluescreen crash.
all settings done in one go, and everything was fine.

I have let the SMBus untouched. I have a strange feeling that exactly this device caused trouble & crashes with my previous PSU....(it´s a guess).

I installed all the drivers from the Gigabyte CD-Rom except the obvious Video & Network ones.

hope it helps a little and that you succeed soon !

Hysolid // Mytek Brooklyn // Spectron Musician III // Analysis Audio Omega

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.