Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Okay here’s some good influence:.....

Hi Theo,

Okay, here some good influence than:
It looks like you have been behind your computer too long and too much last few day’s.
Next Monday it’s 14 February: Valentines day.
Surprise (!) your wife with a romantic diner for two and a nice bouquet of red roses.
1 for every year you know her.
So far for my bad influence. 

May be I’m doing something wrong or my setup is not revealing enough, but in my setup there is hardly any gain in sound quality through up-sampling. It just sounds very, very slightly, somewhat different. I would not even dear to call it ‘better’.

Please first be seated than (with your seatbelts on) and your feet firmly on the ground, when you listen too your cMP with a SSD inside for the first time. Compared to up-sampling in my setup, it was a massive improvement in sound quality. Bigger than all previous PSU improvements. “Bordering on the absurd” as Rick put it so nicely.

Listening ( I listen only 44.1 -> 44.1) indeed hardly does use any cpu capacity.
Typically only between 0% and 1%.
Even with use of the network function, it only rises too 2% very briefly when cPlay loads a (part of a) wav-file through the network in too memory.

I will do some more listening: comparing using an USB flash drive against using a network connection.
Using the LAN is very easy for me compared too the Ryelands algoritm. At least: that how it looks too me.

Let us know how you progress.
(and if she liked your Valentine surprise)

Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Okay here’s some good influence:..... - hfavandepas 12:35:34 02/10/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.