Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Question about SSD´s and CD/DVD Hardware

Hi, I am a newbie with regard to CMP-Player. I made an audio player with the parts recommended and have 2 questions ( for the beginning):

1. I read that " SSD‟s do have a limited lifespan with respect to the number of times each cell can be written to, so do not use it for Windows paging memory and do not defragment it often. They can be read an almost infinite number of times, but writing deteriorates the drive relatively quickly". Is this true?? If so, it cant be used for long as a music player. What about hybrid HDD´S ? they have an integrated 4GB of solid-state SLC NAND storage. This means that up to 100 of favourite tracks could be stored in solid-state memory for playback.

2. When I rip with the CD/DVD player installed in my audio player I get many cd´s read errrors and sync. errors. The same CD´s on my macbook pro ( in bootcamp) can be ripped with the same EAC-software without any errors. Is this due to the CD/DVD hardware?? Any recommendations for a good CD/DVD for ripping??

Thanks a lot for your help

Sigi

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.