Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

So far no problems ...

Sorry to hear Ryelands of your travails.

The more I think about it I wonder if cics had us do the same things in regedit?

At this point I am becoming more sure that this is the only way to go - I may be presumptious (not the first time!) and say that SSD for OS and software should be part of the cMP canon.

Been running the system all afternnon (with numerous on and off's) and I am becoming assured that this is no less than amazing what this does for the system. I had mentioned dynamics and transparency but now I am becoming aware of much better layering of the depth of image.

Recordings I did not realize even had layering of "depth" are now revealing details not detected before. I am amazed and very pleased.

I am using the same 5 volts linear supply I had made for the USB for the SSD. How much this is affecting is left to speculation.

Best fifty dollars I have spent on the system since the "ground things" from tweakaudio.com (does that assure my kook status?).

One thing that has not changed from my previous set-up is that I cannot get my MB to start with 0.65 CPU voltage. I can change it to that after running awhile but when I turn the machine off I have to re-set BIOS and start with 0.70 volt. Anyone else have this problem?

Bye,

Rick McInnis

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • So far no problems ... - rickmcinnis@dogwoodfabrics.com 16:19:05 02/06/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.