Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Differences in sound, apps, os, hardware etc...

"Anyone know of a good RFI/EMI wand set of any kind?"

This is a bit dated (I am too!) but over the years I've found two things that work well, one is just using a chassis mount BNC's center pin to probe E fields. Maybe with a 1" wire on it for more sensitivity. The other is to take a slug from an adjustable coil, I think a #6 size and wind magnet wire in the threads then twist them between that and a connector maybe 1" away. I can send you a picture if you want to build one.

Hp makes some RF current probes but I've never found them effective. Again, this is very dated so there may be some wonderful products now out there.

Working at the source end where I want to eyeball circulating currents, typically to ground, I often use a scope probe with a short ground lead hooked to the sleeve at the tip or that little springy thing that comes with the probes. Often I can then see (hear) whatever it is on a scope, spectrum or receiver and figure out where the currents are going by moving the probe around.

Good luck, I think you're barking up the right tree...

Rick

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.