Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: EVS Ground Enhancer tweak a month or so down the line?

I'm still experimenting. I started with 20" of kk 4tc hanging off of my mid bass and e-panel negative terminals and it was a revelation...just as BudP said (check out the thread in DIY audio). I have been experimenting with 18 gage stranded cable and/or 30 gage teflon coated cable off my Buf32s dac balanced out grounds but I haven't decided which is better yet. I tried the 'hang on' a 9 volt battery to the mid-bass and sub woofer grounds and they are very good here. When I tried the battery on my e-panels it partially discharged them (thought I broke them). But after removing the battery and letting them charge for an hour or so they came back ok. So pls do not try on electrostatic panels. The battery though does take the sonic effects of the groundside tweaks I use to another level. But the battery on my dac output may be too much of a good thing (as BudP warns against). But this tweak (the groundsides) are very useful in tuning one's system. Sonic effects: increased clarity in entire spectrum, more dynamics, lower noise floor, better imaging. Even BudP admits his explanation as to why they work may be wrong but to me it sounds as if they are acting as a rfi/emi (esp wifi) traps. The best way to describe the sonic effect is that everything gets tighter but in 'over application' situations it gets strident. Key is to find how much your system needs/can tolerate. Maybe I need to get the commercial ones but so far I continue to use my diy's.

Hope that helps. Check out DIY audio...there are many diy tips as well as where to use.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.