Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

EVS Ground Enhancer tweak a month or so down the line?

Rick & Theob,

Now that you've had a month or so with the EVS Ground Enhancer tweaks, how are you using them and how do they sound?

I have a TON of respect for Ric & his work. I've had two of his modified DVD players in my system (still have them both around) plus use his tweaked Ice-Power-based amps. Pity he's not doing mods with the success of these devices, but I hope it's working well for him.

So I guess I need to go order some!

The other tweak that I've experimenting with are Alan Maher's CBT's... basically small boxes filled with gemstones. Yah, I was very skeptical when I heard about them, but the testimonial from John Swenson (another person I have a lot of respect for) had me try them. Now I have them in my circuit breaker box and on many of my AC plugs & power supply AC lines & transformers. I've been a bit in 'break-in' hell over the last couple of weeks, but things are beginning to settle in well. Benefits are decreased hash & increased clarity. I'm getting the most analog-like treble I've ever gotten from my cMP setup, surprisingly realistic vocals, and a large increase in bass definition. Well worth it and very cost-effective!

BTW, there have been some interesting (and often skeptical & acrinonious) threads on both of these tweaks on the 'Tweak Asylum', if you haven't noticed. Good application info on both, if you can wade through the flames.

Greg in Mississippi
Everything matters!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.