Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

I had problems but they were self-induced

I was confused by the board asking me which HDD "system" (I really have no idea what it does) I wanted - I inadvertently chose AHCI and could not get it to work which is no surprise (no) but it was quite confusing to me.

I think I had to re-install WINDOWS, it was awhile ago, and all was fine after that.

I find my set-up, which is to cics's specification and is only used for music purposes, will only allow a CPU voltage of .7 volt. Anything less and it freezes up and requires BIOS battery removal to start again.

I do find that little things will cause boot failure and it returns to a bit over 1 volt which then requires BIOS battery removal. But the neat thing is the first screen I see after restart gives me the default choice of PREVIOUS GOOD VERSION, or something like that and when it comes up to cPLAY and I check CPUZ the voltage is correct. All of the BIOS settings are set to cics specification. So, it is a bit of a pain but one does not have to re-do all of the BIOS setting.

Luckily my box is homemade and allows quick access to the battery.

Other than that the board performs very well and DOES sound better than the previous generation MB and CPU.

As far as quality, the things looks very high quality. I have read the NEWEGG reviews also which are certainly not ALL negative.

If you like cics's approach you should take your chances and get one. I think it far more likely you will NOT have MB failure.

Bye.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I had problems but they were self-induced - rickmcinnis@dogwoodfabrics.com 09:28:18 11/12/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.