Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Nobody ever disagreed

Sorry, I guess I was a bit snooty.

It was just that I've been trying to point out that high-current shunt regulator by Salas for awhile and noone seemed to notice.

On Hynes, I thank you for posting about him back in the early days of cMP. I hadn't heard of him before your mentions. I don't know if you saw the interview of him here:

http://www.hifizine.com/2010/06/paul-hynes-design/

He shows a picture of an ATX power supply that he'd done for a well-heeled computer audio enthusiast... When I inquired, he said "The SR2xr4 costs £1350, with silent transformers, fully built and tested." So that's one option.

So I guess that we're in violent agreement that the high-current Salas regulator will be a good option to try and likely the next-best thing to an all-singing/all-dancing Paul Hynes setup. I've got most of the parts for one here too, but it may be awhile before I put it together as I won't have sufficient space for the heatsinking required until I build a new case for my cMP.

And if you've followed some of John Curl's & Charles Hansen's comments about regulator circuit design and implementation, you might think that the Salas may have some chance of bettering a feedback regulator.

Later!

Greg in Mississippi
Everything matters!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Nobody ever disagreed - GStew 21:21:13 09/19/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.