Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

a linear PSU from Thurbly Thandar Instruments (TTi) PL330QMT is on it;s way.

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your feed back.

I red the links and also did some more reading and thinking on building or on finishing pre-build linear PSU's and other pre-build power regulators. Like Teddy Pardo’s SuperTeddyReg’s

I also searched the costs for an enclosure / box, wires, terminals, etc etc for the ‘naked’ SMS 101 linear PSU. I also thought about all the hours work needed on putting it in a box ect, ect. I feel it will costs me too much time, effort and money.

So when I stumbled upon a (used) linear PSU this weekend from Thurbly Thandar Instruments (TTi) model: PL330QMT, I bought it (100,- euro’s). It has tree independent outputs. 2 outputs: 0 - 32V at 0 - 3A. Third output: 4 - 6V at 0.1 - 7A

TTi linear PSU’s are considered to be among the best linear PSU’s vailable. On Pinkfishmedia there are even guys who power there Naim NAC pre-amps with TTi linear PSU’s at very good results (they say).

However there is one downside: you need a cupboard or something, to hide these bulky monsters from the eye. They weigh a hefty 15.5 kilo’s (34 Lbs) and are very, very ugly.

If the raw TTi PL330QMT output isn’t good enough, I than consider too use the PL330QMT to feed Teddy Pardo SuperTeddyReg Ultra Low Noise Regulators with it.
But these SuperTeddyReg’s are also ‘naked’ and also have too be boxed. :-(

But first: let’s now find out which 12 V, 5 V and 3.3 Volt wires/pin’s on the P24 have to / can be bundled and how to start-up my MoBo.

Thank you for your feedback. I’ll report back (in a few weeks) if I managed too get everything properly connected and if I got the mobo up and working.

Mark

Edits: 09/13/10

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • a linear PSU from Thurbly Thandar Instruments (TTi) PL330QMT is on it;s way. - hfavandepas 05:13:59 09/13/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.