Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: congratulations ! Also check aerthing arrangements + correct 230 AC -plug positions

Hi
Thanks (again!) for the nice reply (and your multiple edits!!)
By the way, I live in Canada so i'm on 120V.

Thanks for all the detailed explanation about earthing, I'll sure get into that someday. For now I'll enjoy my current improvement. Plus, I'm not 100% sure I understood what you meant about the "position" of my plug into my main...

(Edit #1)
Unfortunattely I won't be able to test the audio difference between the GD and the Antec. I did some cable management to the Antec and I only left the P24 the P4 connectors. :-(
(end of Edit #1)

This might be a weird and stupid question but are we 100% sure that the Velleman is a linear PSU? I looked at the operating manual (which is super small) and it doesn't really mention it. I was really suprised to find a linear power supply that cheap. Every other linear PSU were over 2 or 3 times (or more) the money. The sales guy was also sceptical that the Velleman (Peaktek) was linear, he thought it was a switching mode power supply.

Anyways, it was still a major improvement on my system and I'm super happy I made the move! I was really excited to get back from work today! :-)

Thanks again for your help and to everybody who made this possible!

Etienne

Edits: 08/19/10

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.