Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

GREG, I could use your help

Sorry to call you by your last name on my last note.

Don't know what I was thinking.

Would you mind connecting a voltmeter to your JULI@'s power supply leads and measuring the voltage when you turn your machine off?

I have checked everything possible and am 99% sure I have no leakage from JULI@'s 5 volts tabs into the MB, yet when I turn off the machine my voltage will drop as if it is being sinked into the MB. I cannot imagine what would cause this.

Not having any problems with the machine coming up tonight. Running fine though I am still needing to install another (higher voltage)transformer to get the voltage right. I have no idea of how it sounds but it runs fine with 4.5 volts. Using my traditional choke input supply the voltage goes all over the place at start up but settles down to a solid reading.

With traditional supplied one must do some experimenting to get the voltages right. Next thing to try is a nine volts secondary. Hope that is the one.

Not sure if your regulated supply will eliminate what I observe at turn off but when the mood strikes I would appreciate you seeing what happens.

If there is not voltage change, maybe you could do a current measurement?
(I thought while I was asking ...)

Thanks,

Rick McInnis

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.