Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

That link does not work and other stuff ...

I got the F9 BIOS from the GIGABYTE site but I saw no "d" version.

I am mystified by the SHCI thing since my (limited) understanding of all of this is that the HDD for music playback is somewhat unimportant.

I would like to try using an SSD for WINDOWS and programs but not sure if I want to spend the money, yet.

The board has been running in for a week as I lower the CPU voltage. I am at 0.675 volts and waiting a few more days to see if I can get to 0.65.

I see in the settings from lga775 (I guess he will have to change his moniker!) that he is using the SHCI for his HDD. I would be grateful if he might explain why, and if, this is useful.

I need to build a 5 volts power supply so I can implement Dave Davenports HDMI based version of I2S connection between JULI@ and his dac. This supply will power both JULI@ and the "send" card. I am going to make it a CRCR filter without the typical three terminal regulators just to make it a little more difficult. AND because I worry that too many of these regulators cascaded can have their own problems.

I am using the originally recommended (back in the ART OF COMPUTER TRANSPORTS day) THERMALTAKE power supply for P$ and HDD and continuing with the ANTEC EARTHWORKS 430 for everything else. Eventually I will try some linear supplies.

After the confusion due to the HDD and SHCI was resolved I have had no problems getting the new MB to run.

Have fun!
Bye,

Rick McInnis

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • That link does not work and other stuff ... - rickmcinnis@dogwoodfabrics.com 09:39:21 07/10/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.