Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Choice of H55M Mobo for i3 530 32mn CPU

Thanks Jack, for your detailed reply.

I take your point about the limitations of the Musiland and the flexibility offered by an m-ATX board like the UD2H - for example, upgrading to an on-board soundcard (like the juli@). Also, I can foresee that an m-ITX board will necessarily restrict the choice of coolers one can fit (due to space limitations). However, I really like the notion of making everything as compact and power efficient as possible and putting it in a smallish box. So, for now, I am pursuing the idea of an m-ITX board.

Just to be clear, I am using a Musiland 01USD and outputting via coax to a quality DAC. Overall SQ with GA-G31-S12L (my current mobo) is good but if I could go another 15-20% improvement with GA-H55N-USB3 + i3-530 then I would be more than happy. Famous last words! I will certainly report back my experience - good or bad.

As an aside, do you have any opinion of ION boards? I suspect their bias towards graphics would make them less than ideal for audio.

Regards,

Edits: 07/01/10

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.