Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Thanks! theob, Hello Lga 775 RE: ... However..

There is a resistor network between the trans and 74HCxxx for impedance matching, about 75 ohm. I suppose you are taking signal from the trans input side. However, this is not an ideal position to take SPDIF signal from, although it should work with your tube. If it does not, there might be a problem with your connection.

Download data from the link below. See pin layout at page 3, and SPDIF config at page 22. Find the corresponding pins on the 74HCxxx using a multi-meter. Ideally, Tx to grid of tube and DVSS (digital ground) to tube ground.

The AK4114 already has a digital buffer, the use of 74HCxxx is to buffer the SPDIF trans. and optical output. So if you retain the 74HC and add a tbe buffer after the 74HC, you will have three buffers in series. Too many buffers will result in poor square wave response.

By the way, if I were you I would first try direct output from Ak 4114, where SPDIF signal should be relatively pure and untouched. The 74HCxxx altogether with optical etc should be cut off.

Good luck.

Edits: 06/15/10

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.