Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Stunning performance with Peaktech ( velleman ) Linear PSU powering p24 & p4 + other PS improvements

How would describe further changes. Is it worth replacing two good quality, fanless switching PSUs with linear PSU + Pico? Is there much to be gained? Power supply is very important for me, especially that I use Cantatis Overture sound card (analog) - simply amazing!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dunno the power consuption of your rig and if the little linear psu could handle a boot up if you power both with it, p4 and p24. The good is that as long you stick with the recommended hardware for cMP² you can be sure that it will work. But in your case trying out it´s worth it anyway i would say.

I just googled your soundcard, never heard of it before. Have you compared it to an edecent xternal dac or perhaps with juli@ analog board ?

In the past i had a onkyo se 200 soundcard wich was claimed to be one of the best non pro soundcards and it was fully loaded with capacitators and stuff, just looked like from another planet. It wasn´t bad, better than the xfi stuff i was used to back then.

Then i compared it with a used 100$ yamaha av receiver and the soundcard was outperformed clearly by the avr´s dac.

From my standpoint the manufacturers of those "audiophile" soundcards ( especially asus ) would do better in producing dedicated audio mainboards and / or linear atx psu´s etc.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.