Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

PCI Latency Tool and DRAM Timings

Hopefully Musiland can offer lower latencies in future. Be sure to setup ASIO4ALL to use hardware buffers and not have any latencies of its own.

Tried DRAM Timings on Kingston HyperX DDR3-1375 1GB and unfortunmately, RAM did not work. Will be testing Kingston ValueRam DDR3-1333 1GB soon which is cheaper and doesn't "validate" timings.

Try PCI Latency Tool 2.3 (you'll need to reverse Minlogon, and only then can 3.1 be uninstalled after restarting DCOM and Windows Installer services). With 2.3 there's no installation, simply extract software (by running LtcyCfg.exe) to folder and run it. It has less bloat and doesn't suffer from loosing PCI devices (unfortunately its a bit more difficult to identify PCI device as your soundcard will show something like "Multimedia device"). Also, we can safely disable unwanted stuff in BIOS. There's more improvement doing it this way.

Note for settings to take effect in cMP mode, you need to setup a .bat file and run it each time on reboot. I use the "RIP" to apply latencies on startup:

@echo off
"c:\...\LtcyCfg.exe" /a
exit

See example for doing something similar with Cryptographic Services.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.