Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: UD2H + 1212m analog + ultra clean AC

I installed F9d last night. I can't be sure it's real, but it seemed to sound better after the new BIOS was installed.

I tried PCI Latency Tool 3.1 and it seems to be incompatible with Win7.

I've done all the tweaks to the UD2H BIOS with great results. Awhile ago I tried changing the QPI but it wouldn't boot so I left that alone. I'm running stable at VCore 0.675v, Graphics core 400mhz / 0.850v, 100 BCLK, 6.0 memory / standard, etc.

I recently changed the AC setup to be Krakatoa -> PS Audio Duet -> Krakatoa (borrowing it from the now-unused DAC) -> UD2H and it sounds really good, very dynamic, clean midrange, very live, and using the Duet doesn't seem to have any negative effects as it has previously with sources and amps. This is using the 1212m and analog outs, Mogami 1/4" to RCA cable (remarkable cable for the price). Without using the Duet, the DAC sounds slightly better, but giving the PC the cleanest possible power, it pulls ahead. I've never actually tried these two power cables with the Duet, very impressive combo.

On using a second ATX PSU, is it a must to hardwire the dirty P24 connector to be permanently on? If I don't do that, do I always turn on the second dirty PSU first? Is there any risk of damaging the CPU this way? Thanks.

I love the ability to save and restore entire BIOS configurations with this board.

Dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.