Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

All but BIS

As far as I know, all that are presently being sold. At least that's been my experience.

HD tracks presently sells a 44/16 download of the BIS Vamska B2/B7. All the BIS albums are presently offered only in 44/16. It looks like HDtracks removed the 88/24 version you purchased. Perhaps a bit of history will be useful. BIS makes a practice of up sampling 44 kHz masters to DSD and issuing these on SACD, a practice that is deceptive at best. On another web site, BIS has admitted to this practice, probably after forensic analysis of their products exposed the practice.

It's probably too late, but if I were you I would ask for a refund on your 88/24 BIS B2/B7. I do not believe that HDtracks did anything wrong, other than to be taken in by BIS's questionable practices.

As to the tracking problems. In the past, there had been tracking problems with a few HDtracks downloads that I purchased. (This happened with several labels.) In each case, I complained and the problem was promptly fixed and I was given a new download.

Tony Lauck

"Diversity is the law of nature; no two entities in this universe are uniform." - P.R. Sarkar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.