Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: cMP - the open source high-end Memory Player

Hi to all!
I and my friend have built audio transports cMP2 advanced. We are very happy with sound quality. My friend's cMP2 has turned out more uncompromising.
- OS - Windows XP SP2 Pro,
- Case Zalman HD160XT Plus
- Processor Intel E7400,
- Processor cooler Thermalright SI128SE (without the fan),
- System board Gigabyte GA-G31M-ЕS2L,
- Memory Kingston HyperX 1GB,
- PS completely linear with a separate supply (up to the toroidal transformer) for the processor (socket P4 +12 V), for system board (socket P24 - here a separate supply for each power bus: +3.3 V, +5 V, +12 V and -12 V up to a transformer winding), for a sound card +5 V, for a hdd and lcd screen
- HDD (OS and audiofiles) SSD 500 Gb SATA-II OCZ Colossus Series,
- Sound card ESI Juli (the digital part is used only, analogue part is disconnected) with external precision clock LClock XO 3 on frequency 24,5760 MHz, BNC socket (spdif out) and additional filtering capacitors Elna Cerafine,
-Turning off lcd screen by means of the big knob on the forward panel cases (button) and a small board in psu.

I used the alternative decision of PSU is the so-called hybrid supply, which basis PicoPSU 120, providing all necessary voltages for socket P24 (P20) from entrance voltage +12 V.

All photos can be looked in My gallery.

Many thanks cics and to all participants of this forum for project development cMP2!
Serge.
http://cmp2-mihaylov.narod.ru/

My cMP2: Windows XP SP2 Ru, GA-H55M-UD2H, i3-530, Corsair CM3X160C9DHX 1GB, system drive - Transcend IDE FLASH MODULE TS2GDOM40V-S FAT32, ESI Juli@, full linear PSU, NAS - WD My Book Live

Edits: 04/06/10 04/06/10

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.