Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Musiland Monitor 01 USD - late to the party, but...

I feel of all the Musiland models, the easiest to mod is the MINI. I have some pictures in my blog

The other receiver that this device in stock form works well with is the Wolfson WM8804/05

I couldn't tell any differences with battery power in lieu of USB power or by using large bypass capacitors on the on-board ps regulators, but my own experience (and ears) tells me that the accumulation of small improvements will at some point show up as an improvement, so I keep doing these small improvements hoping for some tangible improvement at some point

The spdif is already "pre wired" in the MINI and I just added a resistor which is just a voltage divider with the 75 ohm in the receiver end

The i2s wires are also easy to tap into, but the only drawback is the the mck for 44.1K material is at 128fs. Perfect for BB DACS but not so perfect for Wolfson, AKM and other DACs

-----------------------------

H I F I D U I N O

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Musiland Monitor 01 USD - late to the party, but... - glt 21:45:36 12/17/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.