Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Display Brightness of Zalman HD160XT Plus case

Hello CMP builders, I've finally bought the Zalman HD160XT enclosure, because I am extremely impressed by the performance of a CMP 'squared' computer transport and I think this should deserve the nicest 'wrapping' possible.

So far the transfer of the components from my old antec tower case to the Zalman went smoothly, only thing that I find very distracting is its display brightness (this seems at 100percent like all new LCDs).

@ Cics, gstew, can you eventually tell me how to turn the display brightness down? I searched via google, it seems this is only possible using Zalmans lousy windows software - even then, is it that the display is at the default (100%) brightness" until the software is loaded after Windows login and finally turns the brightness down?

I would be extremely happy if this software is able to write the brightness setting in some sort of firmware, then I'd have to install it only once (using a second Windows partition since i don't want these crap to spoil my CMP installation)

A big thank you to cics and all the other people's hard work in making this possible! The sound produced by CMP2 and my modded Zhaolu DAC is the BEST I ever experienced, a dream come true also from a price standpoint. I am spreading the word to all my friends --

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.