Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: cMP - the open source high-end Memory Player

Well it kinda worked, but I can see problems.

Did I ever say I am an idiot with computers?? Ahh, good then.

I must have things filed wrongly. I copy the discs on my main computer, and save them to E/terry/eac rips (or whatever), then later I transfer them to the cmp via memory stick. The cmp is not connected to anything bar the stereo system, and I have even unplugged the cd player within it so can not/do not use the player itself to burn discs.

So when I use the recursive cue creator and browse to E/terry/cue sheets to be created, then the cue sheet comes up as artist terry!! album 'cue sheets to be created'!!

Then of course, I realized that it will not transfer to the cmp as it was created on another computer, so the path will be incorrect.

Grrr.

The recommendation to use the cue sheet creator, is that 'proof' that EAC itself does not/cannot create a cue sheet for selected tracks??? That can't be right can it?? Ouch, major oversight if true.

I don't expect anyone to give me a crash course on how to use a computer, so I hope that within EAC itself there is a way to do this and someone has the answer.

thanks.

BTW, should my other question be in the cplay thread rather than this one??? The two are pretty intertwined so if this is the wrong thread hopefully it will still get answered.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.