Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Ive found some decent examples, please tell me...

Riboge wrote:

"Well, I most want the play rate to be dynamically set in relation to the files samplerate. Second to that, I would like as simple and short an indication of the samplerate prepended to the title, yes. For me personally, all that's needed is a 1 for 44.1 or 88.2 or 176.4 and a 2 for 48, 96 or 192--to keep it as short as possible since displaying the title is already given too little an extent in cPlay's display. Others may want it to be more specific, so the first two numbers of the samplerate could be prepended."

Last time we discussed this I thought you wanted sample rate for the cue sheets generated with Recursive Cue Creator. Your first sentence seems to be referring to CPlayList Editor. Your remaining sentences seem to refer to Recursive Cue Creator. Do I understand you correctly?

I don't think putting a 1 or a 2 in the cue sheet title is a universally effective manner of showing the sampling rate for those who want it. If I allow an option to prepend the sampling rate, I would probably take the sampling rate, divide it by 1000, and prepending the result to the cue sheet title. Would that be acceptable?

Regarding CPlayList Editor, it can already show sample rate in the track list for FLAC files, and you can name the resulting playlists anything you want, so you can already effectively add the sampling rate to the playlist title. However, it would make sense to update the ini file before launching CPlay to dynamically set the sampling rate. I'll try that when I have some time to fiddle with it.

Alan

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.