Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

New version of CPlayList Editor

Hi,

Except for updating the help file, which probably won't happen until after this weekend, I've finished making some changes to the CPlayList Editor application. The latest changes are those requested by Fred, which include a Clear button, and the ability to manage multiple libraries.

Instead of a single library, you now add libraries to a Library List. Adding a library will automatically set the application to recursively scan the root folder of that library according to the options set in the Settings menu. If you have more than one library root folder, you can flip between them once they have been added to the Library List. You can build a single play list from multiple libraries, but that might not make sense to do so if you separate you libraries by sampling rate.

The application will also cache each library so you don't have to recursively scan each library each time you use the application. However, if you add new music to your library, you can update the cached library by pressing the Refresh Library button after selecting that particular library in the Library List.

Please note that I have not finished all of the logical user interface validation, such as disabling and enabling certain buttons only when they are appropriate for use. That will probably happen after the weekend.

As usual, you need a relatively recent Java interpreter installed on your computer to use this application.

Also, as a number of the objects that make up this application have changed, you will get an error when you first run it and it tries to read options set previously in the older version. You shouldn't see the error, but you will need to reset any of the options you had previously set, and your original library won't automatically show up in the library list.

I hope CPlay users find it useful.

Alan

Edits: 06/05/09

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - New version of CPlayList Editor - aljordan 12:54:08 06/05/09 (3)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.