Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Juli@ Follies...

Quick update...

First, as the parts run-in, the modified card is sounding better and better. Especially impressive last night was the bass, dynamics, improved ability to maintain composure when the sound got complex, and naturalness of the treble. I didn't do a comparison with the stock Juli@ at that time, but...

Second, I did do a very quick and dirty comparison Monday night. This was mainly because I took out the modified Juli@ to change the mod a bit... I replaced the Oscons before the 3.3v regulator with 1000uf Black Gates... and replaced the 1000uf Black Gate after that regulator with an Oscon. Theoretically, this is a better configuration... and bass was improved immediately, but I didn't notice any other differences at that time.

Third, inspired by Alfred's post locating an insert-point for 3.3v on the digital card, I spent some time finding and I'll be updating my Juli@ info post above with other insertion points to make adding separate supplies to the cards a bit easier.

Then finally, I'm moving in the direction of adding those supplies this weekend. I have all the parts in-house now. I've been down with a cold the last couple of days, but if I feel better tomorrow evening, I'll start assembling the raw DC side of the beast.

Based on Promethk's & Alfred's comments, I have very high hopes for this... although I wonder if I'll see a smaller SQ lift than others sinced I'm starting with linear & linear/hybrid supplies on the computer.

Later!

Greg in Mississippi

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Juli@ Follies... - GStew 18:13:18 04/01/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.