Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

add /nopae to boot.ini. Somehow I missed this one.

Yesterday I added ‘/nopae’ to the boot.ini file
It made a significant (!) improvement in SQ.
The improvement in SQ is in the same range as putting the extra caps on the Antec Earthwatts 430 mobo power supply leads P4 and P20/24.

Since I overlooked Cics posting on the adding of ‘nopae’ too the boot.ini file and since there also weren’t any reply’s on that post, I guess many others will also have overlooked it either.

This brings me too a contribution I could do to this project. Although I have a degree in engineering, I don’t have any knowledge of IT, electronics, PC’s and software. So I can’t make a any contributions in these area’s, but I could make a contribution in the information / manual area.

I could update Cics manuals and information on the AOB computertransport, cMP and Cplay. Since the project already runs for 2 years the information has scattered over many forumposts. That’s how I missed the /nopea information.

So Cics if you think it’s a good contribution to the project too update the information in your manuals please e-mail me.

My job can be very bussy at times, so I can’t comply too real hard deadlines. But I think it would be nice if al relevant information which is now somewhat scattered in the forum, is put together once again in a new updated manual. This way I’m not only taking from this project, but I i'm also bringing too this nice project.

ESI juli@ or LynxL22 dig i/o -> Lavry Black DA10 -> Mogami Gold -> Klein & Hummel O300

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.