Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Revenge of the Power Supply Follies...

Greg,

thanks for giving these details!

Absolutely, it would be great if you could find the time to do this "swapping test". I would be very interested in your findings if both of those two power rails make a difference in your setup (and in which way), or if "only" the PS for the HDD makes the difference - that would then be much in line with my results. Wired versus wireless mouse shouldn't make a difference at all - you can easily check by just unplugging the small sender or whatever you have there and see if it matters, in my case it doesn't. HDD probably is the path to follow - we'll see from your results!

I in turn would love to do this "swapping test" myself but currently can't - on my 5V "dirty" line there's only the USB power with a mouse connected, and I haven't managed yet to power this with any external PS I tried - it only works when there is also power draw from the SSD... Strange behavior which I simply can't understand, there surely is a solution to this but I had put this back for reason of other more important things to do (battery PS that is). If you now find that choosing a "proper" power supply for HD makes a difference then I'll have to be back on it to check what your results mean for SSD... ;-)

Cheers,
Robert

Edits: 03/25/09 03/25/09

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Revenge of the Power Supply Follies... - Bertel 06:47:15 03/25/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.