Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Need feedback on this experimental setup for cMP²

cics,

I performed the bios changes fairly quickly after you first posted them and did not find a significant difference. But seeing the response of others AND seeing additional changes to make, I tried them again tonight. At first, with just the mouse changes, the device disables, and the bios changes alone, I was still not blown away. But your post on RAM timing got me to try different timings.

I started at 3-3-3-8 and it was ok. Up to 3-3-3-9 and it was a little too etched. Then down through 3-3-3-7 and 3-3-3-6 to 3-3-3-5 where I got a smoothness in the highs, an aliveness in the mids, and a stronger sense of PRAT in the bass and now I'm with it.

BTW, my cMP uses the recommended case/Mobo/HDD/processor/heatsink/memory/audio card and has all the customizations applied through Minlogon, but uses a linear/hybrid supply for the ATX24 connection and fully linear supplies for the P4 and two 'dirty' supplies, replacing the Granite Digital units. More on those in a different thread.

Greg in Mississippi

P.S. With each change like this, I go back through the bios and try both recommended CPU GTLREF Voltage Ratios... and always come back to preferring .566

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.