Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Contacted Benchmark Media very good folks(like Elias Gwinn)

They indicate that through the spdif input the Benchmark is asynchronous and so the likely cause of my issue is not the Dac 1 losing sync. So to test that theory I've hooked up my oppo (which outputs 24/192) out of specially modded rca outs on the back panel. I bought it so I could listen to single layer sacd's.

I'm currently running a 24/192 source(IRobot on Classic HDAD--one side 24/192lpcm and one side 24/96 dvd) through the Benchmark to see if I get the 'metallics'. If I get the issue all agree that its the dac. If I don't, Benchmark believes its the digital stream coming out of the juli@.

When I ran the juli@ analogue outs sunday and compared to Dac 1, the Dac1 was connected via toslink to the Benchmark. But, for normal listening I usually run spdif out directly to the dac1 all the time because it sounds better that way.

We'll see.

At any rate Benchmark offered to bench test my dac to make sure its within spec.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.