Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: I use Lynx AES16-XLR with latest firmware (rev 25) and driver (2.0 rev 16) for 24/192 dual aes output

Many thanks for your quick reply!

Yes, indeed, even such a highly sophisticated clock as the dCS one (from what I know) could not benefit but rather degraded the cMP performance - I wouldn't have expected this by any means, but you provided a sound conclusion which makes me think now... ;-)

Interestingly, this might also be a confirmation of what J Gordon Rankin of Wavelength Audio recently stated in a discussion we had on wether syncing a soundcard with an external clock signal is a good idea - he basically stated that the soundcard would have to use a VCXO to lock to that clock and CREATE a new master clock based on the word clock which he sees as a problem in itself, but even if this was done with great precision the entire concept would fall apart because by the time it gets back to the DAC the timing would be all wrong again anyway...

Well great, then I'll build my "perfect" cMP+cPlay system with AES16-XLR and really skip the test - I don't think you can easily get a better clock as the dCS one, external clocking really doesn't seem to work concept-wise - even more so given the Benchmark DAC1's capabilities of "gripping" or locking unto the incoming signal and its clock.

Many thanks again!
Bertel

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I use Lynx AES16-XLR with latest firmware (rev 25) and driver (2.0 rev 16) for 24/192 dual aes output - Bertel 10:42:08 02/12/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.