Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

swenson psu for xonar essence -pix

finally cased up the power supply. i found a plastic rack mount bud case at mouser, which i thought would be better than metal, since there's a lot of iron in the combined supplies. rather than starting from scratch, i just did an 'organ translplant' and removed the two supplies from their prior hovels and installed them into the bud box. checked voltages, powered it up, and it still works!!!!.

at some point, i'll tweek a little, but for now it sounds really good, and the 12 and 5 volt rails each have their own supplies which only share the iec inlet.

the umbilical is shunyata 18 gauge cryo-d wire, and the connector is a neutric speakon (a great 4-conductor connector) which will look better when i sheath the cable and put the strain relief in correctly......it's in backwards now, and the cover won;t screw onto the body of the connector-- but i have no patience and wanted to be up and running again.

thanks for reading/looking, and thanks to john swenson for the design.

the iec connector is the hideously expensive furutech, which i stole from another (defunct) project.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Topic - swenson psu for xonar essence -pix - mschneider 16:49:34 02/07/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.