Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Better stream of consciousness ...

than the rivers of unconsciousness that ruins many a thread in other asylums.

The cPLAY and cMP threads have remained 99% true to the pursuit of fine music reproduction and how to achieve it. I love these threads and the folks who populate it.

The turntable remains our point of reference so it is always looming in the background of all serious discussions of digital playback.

For most of us, cMP squared is the first time we have heard digital sound that rivals the best of analogue and in some cases it is superior.

I, too, am a disciple of Mr. Nantais. (there is a fascinating phonetic interplay between our two gurus of the playback source) My plinth may even be more massive than yours.

Is that distortion in your photograph or do you have an arch in the front of your plinth? I see you improvised in your CLD formula. I like the idea of staggering, though I did not. I could not find 3/4 inch material in Baltic birch, at the time of the project all I could get was 1/2 inch, so I glued up two sheets of 1/2 birch and then alternated with standard 3/4 inch MDF.

I see you eliminated the top plate. Do you have the bearing mounted into wood? How did you do this? Very interesting. (Did you get the bearing improvement kit from the fellow who used to work at LENCO?) There is the fellow at LENCO LOVERS who is offering the thick top plate. You have gone one step further. Very impressive. I do think you need to finish the thing. It looks bare to me. I would recommend many coats of thinned shellac. I put shellac on all of my DIY audio stuff.

My intention with mine was to be true to the golden mean in all dimensions. This resulted in a very heavy device. It is a good thing I like to dead lift.

NOW, for someone with a massive plinth table I am amused with your not wanting to take a similar step for your cMP hardware. My "box" was based upon Mr. Nantais's recommendations.

I am downloading the file. Are you saying you made this with your LENCO?

Bye,

Rick McInnis

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.