Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: You can't beat the price

Theo,

I was just being my negative self.

If they give you an ABSOLUTE assurance that you can being it back, why not?

I think one would have to enter this audition thinking it WON'T improve. I fear the possibility that we WANT this to work, so we are inclined to think it is working.

Like my battery power supply experiment, I fear I want it to be better in the same way and wonder if I can be a reliable judge. Unless, it is dramatic I will be hesitant to recommend it. Anything less will be suspect as an artifact of bogus discovery.

It would be useful if one could get a glimpse of what is inside. My suspicion is there is nothing special in there at all. But, if the thing is made in huge quantities in China and was well designed it could be much better than its price would lead one to assume.

Give it a try, Theo. Give it every chance. Install it and let cMP play something continuously, let it truly settle down. After about a week of this I would think it would be at its best.

Bye,

Rick McInnis
wobbly cynical fabulist)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: You can't beat the price - rickmcinnis@dogwoodfabrics.com 15:19:08 12/02/08 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.