Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Why EXT-CLOCK Helps Juli@ in (almost) ALL Cases...

very nice response and of course you are right. I thought about it after I wrote my last post...the Benchie improves everything you send to it otherwise how would cplay ever sound better on it than other reference players. So an improved clocked stream has to be better. that's the only problem I have with Benchmark's claims that it doesn't matter what you send it that the Benchie will clean it up to some absolute level of excellence. not true every incremental improvment in cplay is clearly revealed by the DAC1 as yet another improvement in sonics.

You said...

SIMD instructions fully optimized for 192 KHz" notwithstanding, you will always get better sound from the Juli@ (at whatever SR you choose) by giving it a better reference clock to work with. Unless the EXT-CLOCK source is inferior to Juli@'s onboard circuit... but you wouldn't waste your time on that...

what I meant was that assuming I have the same panasonic clock (which only does 48khz), I personally believe that cplay with src optimized for simd will be better with juli's internal clock at 192. yes if the black lion pans out then, yes, that would probably be better yet.

grant I am impressed with your analytical capability plus your lucid writing skills. the 2 rarely come in packages.

btw have you heard from Black Lion? I sent them an email also but so far no response.

Edits: 11/23/08 11/23/08

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.