Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Yes Rick - You Can Clock Juli@ SANS Analogue Section...

Hi Rick

The external clocking option should work with - or without - the analogue board in place on Juli@. I qualify this statement ("should") only because I'm not prepared to rip my computer to pieces to confirm... that Honour can be yours !!

As a quick teaser, try what Theo did with his DVD player - just keep in mind that 44.1 -> 48 KHz is the most brutal of resampling operations (according to Bob Katz), and likely to sound the worst of any SRC upsampling option.

There are numerous choices for fancier clock solutions - mostly aimed at Hi-Fi gear - but doing that with Juli@ doesn't seem cost-effective to me. I've not searched out all the options that would work specifically with the ESI card, but I imagine power supply/ voltage issues could come into play.

I'll stick with the flexibility the PLUG-IN method allows... and with my ADC1 as master clock source. (BTW, $1099 takes it away in Chicago - see ebay Item number: 300274799091)

Let us know what YOU hear...
Cheers,
Grant

That's not a Toy... IT'S A TOOL !!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Yes Rick - You Can Clock Juli@ SANS Analogue Section... - gjwAudio 10:54:12 11/21/08 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.